Whenever any moving lights are installed, outdoors permanently or during temporary events and festivals. Protecting such sensitive equipment against the elements becomes essential. The Igloo, created by Clay Paky, for exactly this purpose. A tough, sturdy enclosure that ensures complete protection against rain and humidity. It also maintains a perfect working temperature for fixtures even in hot or sub-zero conditions. The Igloo is great for permanent installations and is an indispensable tool for rental companies who want to protect their stock of lighting during outdoor events and festivals.
- The Igloo dome has an injection moulded UV-resistant transparent polycarbonate housing.
- Designed to ensure flawless projections without loss of light or image distortion.
- The Igloo is designed to accommodate moving lights from ROBE and Clay Paky.
- For DMX512 fixture control, using the DMX wired with IN/OUT cables and waterproof glands, integrated into the base of the dome.
- Installation is a quick, plug-and-play procedure requiring no tools or special skills.
- The internal mains connection is via the PowerCON socket, and integrated XLR socket as the DMX interface.
- Regulated by an automatic cooling and heating system that maintains a constant operational temperature.
- The Igloo is entirely weatherproof, with each component offering IP54 protection. Power and data cable glands are certified for outdoor use. A flexible mounting system allows orientation in any position without compromising IP rating. Either placed on the ground, hung upside-down or fixed to upright structures in a horizontal position.
Note: The Robe Robin megaPointe, Robe Robin Pointe and Robe Robin 600 LED Wash are able to work in these domes with our custom Robe plate.